Eczema Natural Remedies

Eczema Natural Remedies - why go Natural? There are many reasons, it is better for you (steroid creams can actually thin the skin), the results are much better, etc

My son Sam suffered terribly with eczema when he was younger. It started when he was about 6 months old - it was at Christmas time. At first I had absolutely no idea that it was eczema. I used to have eczema on my hands but this looked different. The eczema started around his neck, bright red. I went to the doctor, guess what he did? prescribed steroid cream and told me to use it for a week and I would see improvement with the eczema. This was over Xmas and New Year.

Yes, the steroid cream did initially start to make Sams red neck seem less angry. But this was only temporary and then the red patches of eczema seemed to spread to behind his knees, his arms, his face and on and on it went.

Eczema is unbearable to manage (especially when its your child who is suffering). Any Mum will know that you would sooner yourself suffer than your child. Watching Sam clawing his eczema was awful. We could never leave him alone for a minute. His hands would go to his forehead or his neck where he would claw until he bled. Distraction was our main way of tackling it for a long time - we used to have to try to constantly distract Sam to stop him thinking about wanting to scratch himself.

Eczema was our whole life! Only anyone who has experienced eczema will understand this.

Once I realised that the steroid cream was not actually solving the eczema permanently - I stopped using it. Steroid cream actually covers the problem, pushes the eczema back into the skin, puts a coating on top of it. It thins the skin aswell and is not recommended for long term use.
So, I went on a hunt for eczema natural remedies. We tried everything and spent a fortune on the way (I would have sold the house and lived in a shed if it would have gotten rid of the eczema). Chinese medicine, different lotions etc.

Then I came accross an eczema natural remedy that was new out (at that time) and I of course gave it go, all the time to be honest not without doubt. The results were fantastic.

Bookmark and Share

blog comments powered by Disqus